- Browse available Cosmos tours to New South Wales
- Filter tour offers by price, holiday type & interest
- Search for specific travel dates to narrow results
Byron Bay weather in August 2019
- 2121°C max day temperature
- 99 days with some rainfall
- 1010°C min night temperature
- 1111 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 9393 mm of monthly rainfall
- 55 (Moderate) UV index
- 2020°C sea temperature
The August weather guide for Byron Bay, New South Wales shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Byron Bay weather in August
The average maximum daytime temperature in Byron Bay in August is a comfortable 21°C (70°F). The average night-time temperature is usually a cool 10°C (50°F). There are usually 8 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 73% of the 11 hours of daylight.
Expect 93mm (3.7 inches) of rainfall across the whole of August with 9 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be moderate (5 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
The average sea temperature in and around Byron Bay in August is 20°C (68°F).
Byron Bay sunrise & sunset times for August 2019
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Byron Bay in August 2019. Select a month to view Byron Bay sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Thursday, 1st August 2019||06:29||17:15|
|Friday, 16th August 2019||06:17||17:23|
|Saturday, 31st August 2019||06:02||17:31|
- Save an extra 10% on worldwide car hire
- Book with the exclusive Argus Car Hire discount code
- Travel before 31st December 2019 (inclusive)
Discover more about New South Wales
Popular New South Wales destinations
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in New South Wales in August. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details