- Save up to 60% on hotels with Priceline Express Deals
- Search for cheap hotel deals by city or airport
- Filter deals by star rating, price, amenities & hotel area
Canberra weather in August 2019
- 1212°C max day temperature
- 1111 days with some rainfall
- 11°C min night temperature
- 1111 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 6464 mm of monthly rainfall
- 33 (Moderate) UV index
The August weather guide for Canberra, A.C.T. shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Canberra weather in August
The average maximum daytime temperature in Canberra in August is a cool 12°C (54°F). The average night-time temperature is usually a cold 1°C (34°F). There are usually 6 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 59% of the 11 hours of daylight.
Expect 64mm (2.5 inches) of rainfall across the whole of August with 11 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be moderate (3 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
Canberra sunrise & sunset times for August 2019
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Canberra in August 2019. Select a month to view Canberra sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Thursday, 1st August 2019||06:59||17:21|
|Friday, 16th August 2019||06:44||17:32|
|Saturday, 31st August 2019||06:25||17:43|
- Book tours & holidays to Australia with G Adventures
- Tour prices start from just £230 per person
- Filter holidays by date, price, activity, duration & difficulty
Discover more about Australia
More A.C.T. destinations
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details