- Book online and save up to 10% on all inclusive holidays
- Browse deals on family or couples breaks to the Dominican Republic
- Fly from regional airports across the UK
Dominican Republic weather
Check on the weather in the Dominican Republic before you book your holiday. Whatever kind of trip you are planning, take a look at today's temperature, the outlook for tomorrow and what the weather is usually like at this time of year. The Dominican Republic weather guide shown below is for Punta Cana.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
More about Dominican Republic
- Cheap Dominican Republic holidays
- Dominican Republic climate
- Best weather in Dominican Republic
- Dominican Republic weather by month
- Dominican Republic weather forecast
- Dominican Republic weather today
- More destinations in Dominican Republic
Top Dominican Republic destinations
Dominican Republic weather overview
The Dominican Republic covers the eastern two thirds of the island of Hispaniola, bordering Haiti on the west. Hispaniola is the most mountainous island in the Caribbean and its higher peaks, which soar up to 3,000m (10,000ft), are much cooler and rainier than its lowland areas.
Its north coast is wetter than the south and has a higher rainfall than most Caribbean islands during the May to October rainy season when hurricanes sometimes occur. Temperatures are high throughout the year but rarely unbearable because sea breezes help dissipate humidity, although nights can be sticky.
What to pack for Dominican Republic weather
Light cotton clothing is appropriate for any time of the year. Take warmer clothes if planning a mountain visit.
Dominican Republic weather by month
Check the weather in the Dominican Republic for a particular month by selecting from the list below.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details