- Save up to £300 on summer 2017 holidays to the Malta
- Get EXTRA £100 off with discount code - min spend £1,000
- FREE kids places & low deposits from £50pp
- Travel between 1st May & 31st Oct 2017 (inclusive)
Cheap all inclusive holidays to Malta & Gozo 2017/2018
If you're looking for cheap all inclusive holidays to Malta in 2017/2018, you've come to the right place. Here you'll find everything you need, from travel deals and discounts to detailed resort information, things to do and key facts.
- Latest holiday deals
- Family holidays
- Beach holidays
- Cheap holidays to Gozo
- Valletta, Malta
- Other resorts in Malta
- Key facts about Malta
- Malta weather guide
- Gozo weather guide
Cheap all inclusive holidays to Malta 2017/2018
You'll find a host of deals offering cheap all inclusive holidays to Malta in 2017/2018 from a range of brands, big and small. Browse special offers and search for beach, family and all inclusive breaks to Malta and Gozo right here:
- Save up to £600 per person on holidays in the Titan Travel sale
- Book worldwide tours, holidays plus ocean &river cruises
- Prices start from just £979 per person + £99 deposits
- Save up to 50% on holidays in 2017 in the On the Beach sale
- Pay low deposits from £20 per person
- Final payment due just 2 weeks before you depart
- Pay just £99 low deposits per person in the Titan Travel sale
- Save up to £500pp on escorted tours & cruises in 2017/2018
- Plus save up to £300pp on the Essential Collection
- Save an extra £120 on easyJet holidays in 2017
- Minimum spend of £1,200 per booking
- Travel before 28th October 2017 (inclusive)
- Save £200 per couple on selected holidays in 2017/2018
- Including the Canaries, Balearics, Turkey, Spain & more
- Travel before 30th April 2018 (inclusive)
- Save up to 50% on holidays in 2017/2018 in Love Holidays sale
- Pay low holiday deposits from £49 per person
- Extra £10 OFF with Love Holidays discount code
- Save an extra £75 per person on selected holidays to Europe
- Book holidays to Cyprus, Greece, Malta & Portugal
- Travel between 1st May & 30th Nov 2017 (inclusive)
- Save an extra £50 on easyJet holidays in 2017
- Minimum spend of £900 per booking
- Travel before 28th October 2017 (inclusive)
- Save an extra £50 on winter sun holidays in 2017
- Minimum spend of £750 per booking - 7 nights or more
- Travel before 30th April 2017 (inclusive)
- Save on flights to Malta with the latest Air Malta special offers
- Book direct flights from the UK to Malta & beyond
- Depart from Heathow, Gatwick, Manchester & more
- Save up to 9% when you book online with First Choice
- FREE child places & low deposits also available
- Travel before 31st October 2017 (inclusive)
- Save on holidays to Malta with The Holiday Place
- Find the best hotel rates & special online discounts
- Filter holiday deals by holiday type, price & more
- Save up to 50% on holidays to Malta
- Pay low deposits from £29pp with interest free monthly
- Save an extra £10 on holidays with discount code
- Discover the best holiday deals to Malta
- Check out the latest late deals or seach for a specific dates
- Pay low holiday deposits from £49 per person
- Find low prices on flights to Malta
- Discover the cheapest price, airlines & flight times
- Search for the best deals before you book
- Search Momondo for cheap flights to Malta
- Find the best prices & flight routes from top airlines
- Compare leading flight offers before booking online
- Find cheap flights to Malta with Skyscanner
- Search by departure airport to find best airline routes
- Enter exact dates, months or find the cheapest month
- Save £100 per person on holidays to Malta
- £200 per couple/£400 for a family of 4 + low deposits
- Depart from northern airports across the UK
- Browse the latest holiday deals to Malta
- Holidays start from just £262 per person
- Low deposits available from £50 per person
- Browse the latest special offers on holidays to Malta
- Filter holidays by star rating, board basis & more
- Holiday offers start from £129 per person
- Book two week holiday to Malta & get 3rd week FREE
- Browse the latest deals on Malta holidays
- Filter holidays by star rating, board basis & more
- Explore all inclusive holiday deals for to Malta
- Filter deals by board basis, star rating & more
- Holidays start from just £227 per person
- Save 8% on holidays to Malta when you book online
- Get web discount when you book direct with Thomson
- FREE child places & low deposits also available
- Save on holidays to Malta with easyJet holidays
- Explore top destinations and hotels in Malta
- Search for deals based on star rating, board basis & more
- Browse the top holiday offers to Malta
- Check out the Tripadvisor rating before you book
- Filter deals by price, star rating, duration, month & more
- Save on holidays & tours to Malta with Travelsphere
- Prices start from £479 per person (including all travel)
- Filter results by holiday type, travel dates & price
- Explore the latest offers on holidays to Malta
- Filter deals by departure airport, price & star rating
- Holiday prices shown are per person
- Browse the latest solo holiday deals to Malta
- Prices start from just £929 including all travel
- Filter results by preferred price, travel dates & holiday type
- Find the cheapest flights to Malta by month
- Filter by airport or select a specifc departure date
- Prices shown are one-way including taxes & charges
A brief introduction to Malta
Malta is an archipelago nation made up of seven islands, of which three - Malta, Gozo and Comino - are inhabited and popular destinations for cheap all inclusive holidays to Malta. Given its location in the Mediterranean Sea, almost touching Italy and a stone's throw from Africa, Malta has long been a melting pot of cultures, which over centuries has evolved to create a strong identity.
Malta has a rich and interesting history, having homed everyone from the Greeks and Romans to Knights, Napoleon and the British. Today it's a flourishing holiday destination with so much to offer families and couples, from beautiful beaches and numerous UNESCO heritage sites, to museums, carnivals and fantastic snorkelling.
Malta family holidays
Malta welcomes families with ease thanks to its diverse selection of things to do and places to stay. As well as the family oriented resorts offering cheap all inclusive holidays to Malta in 2017/2018, you can look forward to experiencing a wide range of activities and attractions suitable for your little ones.
Take a dip in the sheltered waters of Comino's Blue Lagoon, book some watersports, make a base in one of the many beach clubs or splash about in a water park. On dry land, you can go horse riding, mountain biking and even visit a film set at Popeye Village Fun Park. Other family-friendly theme parks in Malta include:
- Mediterraneo Marine Park
- Playmobil Fun Park
- Splash & Fun Waterpark
- Bugibba Waterpark
Then of course there's the enormous variety of museums, many with dedicated kids' areas or toys, sites and events to choose from as well. With such a great deal for families to do together, if you're still deciding where to take your lot this year, a cheap all inclusive holiday to Malta could be just the ticket.
- Best beaches for families: Bugibba Perched Beach, Mellieha Bay Beach, St George's Bay, Comino Blue Lagoon
- Best resorts for families: Valletta, Bugibba, Qawra, Sliema
Malta beach holidays
As a collection of islands, naturally Malta does very well in terms of beaches and bays. Although predominantly rocky there are a number of good sandy options, some man-made. There's plenty of choice, it just depends what type of beach you're after on your cheap all inclusive holiday to Malta in 2017/2018.
Sitting almost exactly in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea sandwiched between the north coast of Africa and Sicily, Malta is a true natural treasure with some striking stretches of coast, incorporating a mix of sandy and rocky beaches. You'll find eight Blue Flag beaches across the three main Maltese islands of Malta, Gozo and Comino, which are:
- Mellieha Bay
- Ghajn Tuffieha
- Ramla L-Hamra, Gozo
- Qawra Point
- St. George's Bay
- Bugibba Perched Beach
- Fond Ghadir
- Paradise Hotel Perched Beach
One of the island nation's biggest assets is the sea itself, providing endless opportunities for snorkelling and diving on your cheap all inclusive holiday to Malta. Three of the best include Malta's Qawra Point, Hondoq Bay in Gozo, and all of Comino's coast, each giving you the chance to get up close and personal with a wealth of colourful creatures. There are also numerous dive schools and centres offering courses and guided dives, such as to the shipwreck off St Julian's.
- Best sandy beaches: Bugabbi Perched Beach, St George's Bay, Hondoq Bay Gozo, Golden Bay, Mellieha Bay
- Best beaches for snorkelling: Blue Lagoon Comino, Qawra Point, Bugabbi Perched Beach, Hondoq Bay Gozo
Cheap holidays to Gozo 2017/2018
Gozo is a small but mighty place, with plenty to delight those on cheap all inclusive holidays to Malta in 2017/2018. Although it's the second largest of Malta's islands, it's really quite compact at just 26 square miles, and is relatively untouched as well, highly regarded for its pretty and dramatic landscapes, from the hills to the coast.
As with Malta island, Gozo has a rather rocky coastline, but there are a select few soft spots around. From tranquil bays to bustling beaches, there's something for everyone keen to be by the sea in Gozo. Five of the best beaches you can visit on your cheap all inclusive holiday to Gozo are:
- Marsalforn Bay - a popular sandy beach best for: swimming, sunbathing
- Hondoq Bay - a hidden sandy beach best for: snorkelling, swimming, sunbathing
- San Blas Bay - a peaceful sandy beach best for: snorkelling, swimming, families
- Ramla Bay - a busy red sand beach best for: swimming, families, groups
- Ghasri Valley - a picturesque creek with a small pebbly beach best for: views, diving
Away from the beach, there's a whole host of other exciting and interesting things to see and do on a cheap all inclusive holiday to Gozo. When visiting Gozo don;t miss your chance to:
- watch the sunset through the Azure Window limestone arch
- explore the cliffs and caves in Xlendi Bay
- visit the famous St John the Baptist church in Xewkija
- gaze upon UNESCO's Ggantija Temples, the oldest free standing structures in the world
- see the salt pans near Marsalforn
Getting to Gozo is no hassle at all: after arriving at Malta International Airport, head to Cirkewwa on the northwest coast of Malta island. From here you can catch the Gozo Channel Ferry which runs frequently throughout the day. The crossing takes 25 minutes each way - just enough time to take in the sea views on your cheap all inclusive holiday to Gozo.
Malta's third main island is Comino - a tiny rocky isle just over one square mile in size. It's a popular spot with tourists on day trips, especially loved by snorkellers eager to dive into the calm turquoise waters of the Blue Lagoon and St. Nicholas Bay.
The thirteenth century St Mary's Tower is another attraction, usually frequented by those taking a walk around the island. Many boat trips are available to and around Comino - it's a great day out on any cheap all inclusive holiday to Malta in 2017/2018.
Valletta, Malta holidays
The ancient jewel in Malta's crown, Valletta is a real sight for sore eyes. The smallest of Europe's capital cities at just one square kilometre, it's easy to see why Valletta is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and a must see on for any cheap all inclusive holiday to Malta in 2017/2018.
It is quite literally crammed full of history, with countless museums and exhibitions delving into every detail. The most popular has to be St John's Co-Cathedral, built by the Knights of Malta in the sixteenth century. Then of course, the imposing fortified city walls are fantastic to explore - don't miss the Saluting Battery (think Edinburgh's one o'clock gun) every day from the eastern ramparts at 12pm sharp.
Other noteworthy sites (although it's hard to choose) include the Lascaris War Rooms (a warren of underground tunnels and chambers which housed the headquarters leading the defence of Malta during the Second World War), National War Museum, and the Malta Experience, which expertly shares 7,000 years of Maltese history in a succinct 45-minute documentary.
Valletta isn't known for its beach, although there are spots you can sunbathe in. You're best taking the short trip to nearby seafronts such as Mellieha Bay. Stroll around the Grand Harbour, eat delicious food along the promenade and shop for souvenirs on Republic Street.
Wherever you decide to stay on your cheap all inclusive holiday to Malta, it's worth making time for a day trip at least to visit this most curious and scenic of cities.
Other resorts in Malta
While Valletta has a huge amount to offer, either as a day trip destination or for the duration of your holiday, given Malta's tiny size, you're likely to want to visit a couple of other towns and resorts. From the golden beach at Mellieha Bay to the raucous nightlife in Paceville, Malta ticks every box for holidaymakers. Read on to discover where your cheap all inclusive holiday to Malta in 2017/2018 may take you...
Tucked into the north of the island, Bugibba is a classic location for a cheap all inclusive holiday to Malta for 2017/2018. It's by far one of island's most popular destinations for local and foreign tourists, having swollen from a small fishing town, to catering to families, groups and couples after some sun and sea in an enjoyable holiday environment.
Although the rocky coastline isn't ideal for sunbathing, the man-made Bugibba Perched Beach is an elevated Blue Flag-winning stretch of sand, which carries you over the feet-pricking rocks, to let you glide into the water from a number of wooden bridges.
As well as this beach you'll find many public beach clubs, the most well-known being George's Seafront Beach Lido, with its two-tiered approach. Head upstairs and grab a lounger, or downstairs to jump into the outdoor pool. You can also use the ladders to easily access the sea, which is heaven for snorkel lovers, with many seahorses and other creatures passing by.
Other things to do in Bugibba on your cheap all inclusive holiday to Malta include strolling along the scenic promenade, visiting the brand new Bugibba Waterpark, sampling tasty treats in one of the many cafes in the cobbled square of Il Bajja, indulging in a cocktail or two at the Monavale Pub, or watching the world go by on the main strip of Triq It-Turisti.
If it's authentic Malta you're after however, pay a visit to the old harbour where fishing boats still bob gently, or take a day trip to Valletta, a short 20-minute bus ride away.
Another holiday favourite, Qawra sits so close to Bugibba - a mere 20-minute stroll away - that they're almost one in the same - except they're not. Qawra may be a purpose built tourist resort, but it's a touch quieter and more laid back than its boisterous neighbour.
If you're considering Qawra for your cheap all inclusive holiday to Malta in 2017/2018, make for the Blue Flag beach at Qawra Point. This rugged and rocky stretch is ideal for snorkelling and diving, plus many action packed water sports are available too. As with Bugibba, Qawra has a host of beach clubs and public lidos if you fancy steering clear of the jagged shore.
Head to the centre in the evening after enjoying a walk along the shiny new promenade at dusk. Tourist Street is where all the action is, with a great number of restaurants and pubs that stay open until the early hours - try Feugo for go at salsa dancing. It's also a great place to sample local Maltese cuisine such as timpana - a devilish pasta pie - not for the carb conscious!
History lovers, never short of things to see on a cheap all inclusive holiday to Malta, can take a peek around the seventeenth century Qawra Tower, now home to a pool and restaurant. It may have seen better days, thanks largely to some unforgivable attempts at restoration, but it's still charming and worth a visit.
Further on up the coast lies Mellieha Bay, where a beautiful ribbon of beach is watched over by the historic town on the hill-top. A vibrant yet relaxed place, Mellieha Bay is very inviting if you're deciding where to take your cheap all inclusive holiday to Malta for 2017/2018. The golden sandy beach has countless loungers and is lined with bars and restaurants filled with good food and cold drinks. Take part in watersports, yet more snorkelling or simply sit back and soak up some rays.
Hop on the bus for a short ride to the town above, or walk if you're feeling adventurous. Meander through the narrow lanes, browse boutique shops, and investigate the various Baroque churches to get a feel for local life.
Once more, there's plenty to entertain history buffs in and around Mellieha Bay, from the seventeenth century St Agatha's Tower (or Red Tower), offering views across to Gozo, or for something a bit more recent, visit the area's original air raid shelter for a taste of Maltese life during World War Two.
If the great outdoors keeps calling, pay a visit to Majjistral Nature and History Park, Malta's first natural national park. Here it's all about conservation and preservation, looking after the land and the species that inhabit it. Take a guided walk or snorkel to see it at its best.
There are also some fascinating day trips to be had on your cheap all inclusive holiday to Malta from Mellieha Bay, including visiting the ancient city and former Maltese capital of Mdina, as well as Mgarr, where you'll find the UNESCO site of the Ta'Hagrat Temples which date back to 3600 BC.
If you're thinking about where to stay on your cheap all inclusive holiday to Malta in 2017/2018 that blends together a little bit of everything, then Sliema is probably the place for you. Sitting comfortably between the bustling capital of Valletta and the party town of Paceville, Sliema has long attracted the wealthy after a touch of sophistication.
It's home to another pretty but rocky beach and, although the locals aren't phased, most tourists tend to opt for the lidos dotted around the town. Sliema is a haven for big spenders with numerous designer shops, chic bars (such as the popular Step Down Bar), and gourmet restaurants (try L'Artist for true Mediterranean cuisine). You'll find all the real late night action 15 minutes up the road in Paceville's piazza in neighbouring St Julian's.
Kids and adults will delight in meeting the dolphins at the Mediterraneo Marine Park, or take a jeep safari to explore more of the surrounding area. Other nearby excursions to do on your cheap all inclusive holiday to Malta include a trip to St George's Bay, a sandy beach lined with an array of bars and cafes, and boat trips of every kind.
This relatively small town is situated just north of Valletta and deemed incredibly desirable by tourists from near and far. In a similar way to Sliema, St Julian's has something for everyone, seamlessly weaving the charm of the old fishing village into the more contemporary side of the resort.
As a destination for a cheap all inclusive holiday to Malta in 2017/2018, St Julian's is ideal, especially for divers. Make for the Divewise Centre where you'll learn about the area and discover the shipwreck lying beneath the surface, just waiting for you to explore. Visit the seventeenth century Spinola Palace before stopping by pretty Spinola Bay. Try Wigi's Kitchen and 1927 for good value authentic Mediterranean fare, before heading north to the bright lights of Paceville.
Key facts about Malta and Gozo
To ensure you're armed with everything you need to know on your cheap all inclusive holiday to Malta, we've compiled a brief rundown of the nation's vital stats:
- Flight time from UK: 3 to 3.5 hours
- Time zone: Central European Time (GMT +1)
- Currency: Euro €
- Driving: left-hand side
- Major airports: Malta International Airport (MLA)
Hopefully you've found everything you need to know about Malta right here, from the best resorts and snorkelling spots to some great bars and places to visit. Use our dedicated search box to view the latest cheap all inclusive holidays to Malta for 2017/2018 to help you get there for less.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details