- Check out the latest special offers on Florida holidays
- Save up to £400 on family holidays to Orlando
- Includes deals on Disney, Universal & more
Cheap holidays to Florida 2015/2016
Cheap holidays to Florida in 2015/2016 have never been easier to find as many of the largest airlines and holiday companies have great deals to the Sunshine State. Read on to discover online discounts from brands such as British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Norwegian, Monarch and many more, as well as detailed information about visiting destinations across the state.
- Cheap holidays to Florida 2015/2016
- Family holidays
- Beach holidays
- Golf holidays
- Fly drive holidays
- Orlando holidays
- Disney World Florida
- Florida Keys
- Clearwater Beach
- Fort Lauderdale
- Key facts about Florida
Cheap holidays to Florida 2015/2016
Here you'll find the very latest deals on cheap holidays to Florida in 2015/2016. From airlines to holiday providers, we have money saving ways to book ensuring you get a cheap holiday to Florida at a great price:
- Explore the latest deals on winter sun holidays in 2015/2016
- Browse deals by month, destination or holiday type
- Including all inclusive and aduly only holidays
From money off and percentage discounts, to special offers on fly drive holidays, check back before booking your cheap holiday to Florida to see the current special online offers.
A bit about Florida
Florida is the USA's most southeasterly state, jutting out on a peninsula between the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico. It's a huge destination for holidaymakers seeking everything from hot and sunny weather to glorious beaches and some of the world's best theme and water parks.
There are eight distinct regions in the aptly known Sunshine State, each offering something a little different for those on cheap holidays to Florida in 2015/2016. From the world famous parks of Orlando and countless golf courses, to the hundreds of miles of beaches, Everglades National Park and vibrant cities, Florida is a real treat for families, couples, and groups looking to make the most of their time off.
If you're whisking your family away on a cheap holiday to Florida in 2015/2016, you can count on one thing: there won't be a second for anyone to get bored. It's a veritable playground for all ages, with plenty to appeal to every interest.
Theme and water parks
The number one destination for those on cheap family holidays to Florida has to be Orlando. The wealth of parks and attractions makes it a natural choice for parents looking to give their kids the trip of a lifetime.
From Walt Disney World Resort - one of the largest in the world - to Universal Studios, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens and many, many more, there's a theme that's guaranteed to appeal to all, from cartoon fans (visit Universal's Islands of Adventure) to budding scientists (has to be Epcot), astronauts (don't miss the Kennedy Space Centre) and wildlife lovers (head to Disney's Animal Kingdom). Orlando is also home to numerous water parks, which make for a fun day out and offer much needed respite from the hustle of the theme parks on a cheap holiday to Florida.
Jump to: Orlando holidays
Family beach breaks
Florida has a beach for everyone, be it chilled out and secluded or wild and fast paced. For families on cheap holidays to Florida in 2015/2016, the following is a selection of beaches that are especially well catered to, with great amenities and activities on hand:
- Clearwater Beach, Clearwater - popular for its many facilities and attractions, Clearwater Beach has everything you could need within easy reach
- Bowman's Beach, Sanibel Island - quiet and secluded beach, ideal for collecting beautiful shells, BBQs and outdoor shower on site
- Fort De Soto Park, St Petersburg - a picture perfect beach crammed with every facility and activity you could imagine
- Bill Baggs, Cape Florida, Key Biscayne - calm and great for young children, voted one of the best beaches in America, cafe, showers and changing rooms nearby plus options to rent umbrellas, paddle boards and more
- Destin Beach, Destin - peaceful, spacious beach with white sand and clear waters, great for picnics and paddling
You may be after safe shallow water for toddlers or somewhere with loads of options for water sports to keep everyone entertained - whatever it is you're looking for on your cheap family holiday to Florida, you'll find a beach that fits.
The great outdoors
Florida is has a range of national parks just waiting to be explored. From the Everglades to coral reefs, there's so much to see and do. Family friendly activities include hiking, cycling, swimming, canoeing and much more. A few ideas to help you get out and about on your cheap family holiday to Florida include:
- Touring the Everglades National Park
Get up close to the state's wild residents with a tour of the Everglades. Both young and old will delight in seeing the well known alligators, as well as other inhabitants including dolphins, American crocs, manatees and birds like ospreys and egrets. You can choose from a variety of tour types on a cheap holiday to Florida, from walking and cycling to trams and airboats.
From cabins and RVs to tents and lodges, there are so many opportunities for camping when you're on a cheap holiday to Florida. Families in particular can make use of more than 50 campgrounds spread across the state that include pitches and facilities such as showers, BBQs, and activities on nearby trails.
- Cycling, hiking, canoeing and more
Talking of activities, cheap holidays to Florida give you the perfect chance to hop on two wheels, jump in a canoe or hit the road on foot. There are endless places to visit that let you make the most of the state's natural surroundings. Whether you opt for an independent route or plan a guided tour, there are all sorts of outdoor activities for all ages.
Visiting vibrant cities
Florida's range of cities is just as diverse as its activities. One thing they all have in common is the variety of things to do for families on cheap holidays to Florida in 2015/2016. Whether you're soaking up the retro chic of Miami or taking on Tampa, you'll find the following child friendly attractions in these five main cities:
- Miami - as well as the famous beach, shops, and restaurants, there's plenty for families here, from Zoo Miami and Jungle Island to the Miami Children's Museum and Miami Seaquarium
- Orlando - the theme and water parks steal the show here
- Fort Lauderdale - away from the beautiful beaches, families can visit the Museum of Science & Discovery, Young at Art Children's Museum, Butterfly World, and Flamingo Gardens
- Tampa - Busch Gardens is a big hitter, while Lowry Park Zoo, the Florida Aquarium, and Adventure Island Water Park are just some of the other attractions perfect for families
- Naples - head to Golisano Children's Museum of Naples, Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens, Sun-N-Fun Lagoon Water Park, and Lowdermilk Park with its playgrounds and well serviced beach
As you can see, there's something for every family on a cheap holiday to Florida in 2015/2016, whatever the budget, age range or interests.
With more than 800 miles of diverse coastline, Florida is a beach lover's paradise. From platinum white sands to golden shores, crystal clear seas to turquoise waters, peaceful and secluded bays to lively and loud stretches, gentle lapping to powerful waves - there really is a beach for all on a cheap holiday to Florida.
Ten of the best beaches you should make time for on a cheap holiday to Florida in 2015/2016 include the following:
- Sanibel Beach, Cape Coral - great for: collecting shells, scenic views, peace
- South Beach, Miami - great for: water sports, sunbathing, groups, partying
- Clearwater Beach - great for: families, swimming, sunbathing, couples
- Siesta Beach, Siesta Key - great for: swimming, sunbathing
- Bill Baggs, Cape Florida, Key Biscayne - great for: families, groups, water sports
- Key West - great for: snorkelling, swimming, sunbathing, couples
- Destin Beach, Destin - great for: families, sunbathing, quieter
- Delray Beach, Palm Beach - great for: partying, relaxing, groups, couples
- Cocoa Beach, Merritt Island - great for: surfing, water sports
- Fort De Soto Park, St Petersburg - great for: families, water sports, swimming
From the glorious Florida Keys and Gulf coast to the Atlantic Ocean, Florida's beaches go from the paradiscal to the energetic, laidback to lively. Whether you're travelling as a family, group or couple, you're guaranteed to find a beach for you on a cheap holiday to Florida in 2015/2016.
If St Andrews is the historic home of golf, then Florida is its modern day Mecca. It has, without doubt, the most varied selection of courses in the world - no less than 1,250 to be more accurate - spread across the state.
If you're hoping to get a round or two in on your cheap holiday to Florida however, it's not as simple as just turning up to play. Many of the golf courses are part of private members' clubs, which can be near-impossible to gain access to. These include the following high end courses:
- Seminole, Palm Beach
- LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, Naples
- Streamsong Resort, Streamsong
- Jupiter Hills Club, Tequesta
- Black Diamond Ranch, Lecanto
Then there are those that just require you to be signed in by a member, while others let you book and pay in advance. Finally, there are the public courses, and these five are considered to be the state's best for those who just want to guarantee play on a cheap holiday to Florida:
- TPC Sawgrass, Ponta Vedra Beach
- Camp Creek Golf Course, Panama City Beach
- World Woods Golf Course, Brooksville
- Hammock Beach Resort, Palm Coast
- Doral Golf Resort & Spa, Miami
Wherever you intend to play golf on your cheap holiday to Florida, just remember to book as far in advance as you can to avoid disappointment.
Fly drive holidays
Who says you need to choose just one thing to do on your holiday? With a fly drive booking you can get out and about exploring the state - perfect for the curious on cheap holidays to Florida.
By booking your flights and car hire together, not only will you save money but you won't be limited by where you can go - if you have your own set of wheels, the entire area opens up and lets you get under the skin of this much loved destination. If you're planning a cheap holiday to Florida in 2015/2016, don't miss fly drive holiday deals from the likes of British Airways and Virgin Holidays.
Cheap holidays to Orlando
Orlando tends to be the go-to destination for those on cheap holidays to Florida, and it's easy to see why. Home to more than a dozen theme parks, Orlando is a playground for children and adults of all ages. Five of the best known theme parks, which each contain numerous parks and zones, include:
- Walt Disney World Resort
- Universal Studios Orlando
- SeaWorld Orlando
- Discovery Cove
- LEGOLAND Florida Resort
Then there's International Drive, which runs for 11 miles to the south of the city. Here you'll not only find many of the major theme parks, but the real hub of Orlando, with countless shops, restaurants, hotels and attractions. A trip down International Drive is a must on any cheap holiday to Orlando, Florida.
A top tip for visiting Orlando on a cheap holiday to Florida is to buy your entrance tickets in advance. Whether you go direct or use online agents such as Floridatix, it's best to get ahead of the game (and the crowds) by purchasing your passes online, it can also be much cheaper.
Read more: Cheap holidays to Orlando - the latest deals plus detailed information on all the major theme and water parks.
Disney World, Florida holidays
Disney World, officially know as Walt Disney World Resort, is the jewel in Orlando's crown. It opened in 1971 and today includes more than 35 resort hotels, four theme parks, two water parks, four golf courses, two themed miniature golf courses, one camping resort and numerous entertainment venues among its many attractions. Of course, those on cheap holidays to Florida are usually there for the theme and water parks. These consist of:
- Magic Kingdom - THE place to meet your heroes from classic characters such as Cinderella and Mickey Mouse to more modern faces including Buzz Lightyear and The Incredibles, plus six different zones each with their own rides and attractions
- Epcot - one for the curious, this enormous park focuses on world science, history and culture with a huge range of things to see and do that reflect learning, innovation and technology
- Disney's Hollywood Studios - step back in time to the golden age of Hollywood glamour, and explore the eight zones which include everything from live shows to film sets and rollercoasters
- Disney's Animal Kingdom - this huge wildlife park is home to an incredible range of species including elephants, lions, birds, reptiles and more
- Water parks - choose from Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon each with their own distinct identity and attractions
As with all of the theme parks in Orlando, you will get the best value on your cheap holiday to Florida if you book your tickets online, in advance. This can also help you avoid long queues at the entrance gate, not to mention disappointment if it's a busy time. You can buy direct from Walt Disney World Resort or from third party ticket agents such as Floridatix or Attractiontix.
Read more: A first timer's guide to Disney World
Holidays to the Florida Keys
The Florida Keys is incredibly popular with many people on cheap holidays to Florida, thanks to the tropical climate and idyllic beaches that offer impeccable diving, fishing and swimming opportunities.
The Keys form the southernmost point of continental USA, and are made up of a string of islands, not all inhabited, divided between Upper, Middle and Lower Keys, all linked to the mainland by a highway.
The Lower Keys destination of Key West is the main city in the archipelago, while other favoured spots include Key Largo and Islamorada in the Upper Keys, and Marathon, in the Middle Keys.
Florida Keys is hemmed by the Florida Reef, which explains why it's such a hit with divers, snorkellers, water sports enthusiasts, and those who just love a good beach to relax on and soak up the sun on a cheap holiday to Florida.
On top of the endless opportunities to get in or on the water, from boat tours and sailing, to paragliding, kayaking, canoeing and more, if you're visiting Florida Keys on a cheap holiday to Florida, consider visiting these well known attractions:
- Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory, Key West
- Dry Tortugas National Park, Key West
- The Turtle Hospital, Marathon
- Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum, Key West
- Bahia Honda State Park and Beach, Big Pine Key
- Seven Mile Bridge, Marathon
- U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Ingham Maritime Museum, Key West
- Fort Jefferson, Key West
Clearwater Beach holidays
It's all about enjoying what nature has provided when you book a Clearwater Beach break on a cheap holiday to Florida. Located on the west coast, within easy reach of Tampa, Clearwater is a much loved holiday destination with both domestic and international travellers.
The pearly white beaches are hard to beat and the crystal waters are quite surreal, while the inviting climate ensures it keeps people coming back again and again. A must do when you visit Clearwater Beach on a cheap holiday to Florida is Pier 60 - find a perch and watch the sun go down before heading to one of Clearwater's many restaurants that serve up some of the freshest seafood around.
However, there's more to Clearwater than its award winning beach: don't miss the chance to explore the many nature parks which are well equipped with the likes of boardwalks, trails, playgrounds, restaurants and wildlife sanctuaries.
Finally, no Clearwater Beach holiday would be complete without a trip to the marina. Here you can choose from an array of boat tours and cruises - unsurprisingly, the dolphin watching trips tend to be the most popular with those on cheap holidays to Florida.
Fort Lauderdale holidays
Located just 23 miles north of Miami, Fort Lauderdale is an ocean side city with a lot to offer. It's famous not only for its beaches, but also its arts and culture scene, and places of historic interest. If you're heading to Fort Lauderdale on your cheap holiday to Florida in 2015/2016, you'll soon see that there's something for everyone, such as:
- Hugh Taylor Birch State Park - great for: getting outdoors - located in the middle of the city, this park is ideal for escaping the hustle, grabbing a picnic, swimming, camping and generally enjoying the fresh air in lush green surroundings
- Stranahan House - great for: architects and history buffs - visit the city's oldest surviving structure which dates from 1901; it has played almost every role from trading post and post office to community centre and more, and is the historic heart of the city
- Galleria Mall - great for: shopping: one of the city's best - and largest - malls with a variety of high street, high end and luxury brands
- Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District - great for: culture vultures - crammed with live performances, museums, theatres, historic homes and galleries, this is the epicentre of cultural cool in Fort Lauderdale
- International Swimming Hall of Fame - great for: swimming and fitness fans - revel in the detail of this famous museum dedicated to award winning swimmers the world over
- Fort Lauderdale Beach - great for: families and couples - clean, safe beach with lifeguards, perfect for kids as shallow and calm, plenty of cafes and shops nearby; it's a hit with everyone on cheap holidays to Florida
- Bonnet House Museum and Gardens - great for: history and art lovers - step back in time to the 1920s, and see an immaculate waterfront house, part preserved, part restored, with stylish interiors and landscaped gardens
As you can see, Fort Lauderdale has a wealth of things to see and do. It also within easy reach of the Everglades National Park, not to mention Miami, and a host of beaches and bays in surrounding neighbourhoods. From living it up outdoors to making the most of the museums, cafes and bars, Fort Lauderdale is a real winner with those on cheap holidays to Florida in 2015/2016.
Key facts about Florida
If you're planning a cheap holiday to Florida in 2015/2016, get ahead of the game with some of the state's vital stats:
- Flight time from London (UK): 9 hours
- Time zone: Eastern Time Zone (GMT -5)
- Currency: US Dollar
- Driving: right-hand side
- Major airports: Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL), Key West International Airport (EYW), Miami International Airport (MIA), Orlando International Airport (MCO), Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB)
If you're searching for the best deals to secure your cheap holiday to Florida in 2015/2016, try some of the following major brands that all offer flights and holidays to a variety of destinations across Florida:
- British Airways
- Thomas Cook
- Virgin Atlantic
- Virgin Holidays
Useful sites to help you get tickets for less to parks and attractions while enjoying a cheap holiday to Florida, include:
Remember, you can always check out our deals and discounts section for a full list of all our current online offers. Wherever you decide to go on your cheap holiday to Florida in 2015/2016, you're guaranteed a trip of a lifetime in America's Sunshine State.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details