- Browse last minute holidays to Austria
- Destinations include Söll, Mayrhofen, Zell am See & Kitzbühel
- Prices start at just £275 per person
Thomson Lakes & Mountains late deals & offers 2016/2017
Thomson Lakes & Mountains late deals & special offers for 2016/2017 will let you explore some of the finest, most beautiful corners of Europe for less. From idyllic lakeside settings to Alpine retreats and rugged foothills, Thomson's dedicated Lakes & Mountains arm is ideal for those keen to get outdoors and experience nature for themselves.
- Thomson Lakes & Mountains late deals
- Thomson Lakes & Mountains sale 2016
- Why book with Thomson Lakes & Mountains?
- Lake Garda & Italian lakes
- Lakes & Mountains Austria
- Other destinations
Thomson Lakes & Mountains late deals & online discounts for 2016/2017
Gleaming lakes, dramatic mountains and panoramic views all help make for an unforgettable holiday. The question is, how do you get to explore some of Europe's most spectacular scenery without breaking the bank? Check out current Thomson Lakes & Mountains late deals & discount offers for 2016/2017 to see if you could bag a bargain:
- Browse last minute holidays to Italy
- Destinations include Lake Garda, Lake Maggiore & Lake Levico
- Prices start at just £186 per person
- Browse last minute holidays to Slovenia
- Destinations include Lake Bled, Lake Bohinj & Kranjska Gora
- Prices start at just £331 per person
- Browse last minute holidays to Switzerland
- Destinations include Wengen, Interlaken & Zermatt
- Prices start at just £479 per person
Check back regularly as we keep this section full of the best Thomson Lakes & Mountains late deals & sale offers for 2016/2017 all year round.
Thomson Lakes & Mountains sale 2016/2017
If you're looking for a lake or mountain holiday for the best possible price, we've rounded up all the latest Thomson Lakes & Mountains sale discounts and deals in one place.
- Book summer 2017 holidays early & save online
- Browse destinations, hotel credits & family-friendly deals
- Destinations include Italy, Austria, Croatia, Switzerland & more
- Travel between 1st May & 30th Oct 2017 (inclusive)
- Check out the latest deals on summer 2016 holidays
- Browse destinations, hotel credits & family-friendly deals
- Destinations include Italy, Austria, Croatia, Switzerland & more
- Travel before 30th October 2016 (inclusive)
- Check out the latest special offers on holidays
- Filter holidays by month, destination, type & more
- Destinations include Austria, Croatia & Switzerland
- Browse the latest last minute offers on holidays for 2016
- Save on holidays departing in the next few weeks
- Book holidays to Italy, Austria, Slovenia & more
There's a huge variety of holidays available from luxurious hotels and private chalets to great value apartments and guest house options (which means there's a lot of scope for finding a break that matches your budget).
Whether you're planning a last minute trip or are looking to book your dream holiday months in advance, make sure you check out the latest Thomson Lakes & Mountains discounts and sale offers before you book.
Why book with Thomson Lakes & Mountains?
When you decide to use one of the many Thomson Lakes & Mountains late deals or sale offers, you'll benefit from the following:
- bookings inclusive of accommodation, flights and transfers
- choice of 13 UK departure airports - more than any other tour operator
- expert holiday advisers available 24/7 offering local knowledge on the best bars and restaurants
- variety of excursions and day trips with experienced holiday guides on hand from city visits to river rafting
- peace of mind with ATOL protection plus Thomson is also an ABTA member
Types of holidays from Thomson Lakes & Mountains
As you might expect from Thomson, there is a huge selection of dedicated lake and mountain holidays to choose from. To help you search for the right type of holiday for you, you can filter on the deal finder page by the following criteria:
- month: select the month that you wish to go on holiday and it'll list the top offers (plus any late deals and sale discounts) available for that time of year
- resort features: if you only want to browse resorts that have a pool, are near a city, or are family-friendly, no problem: just tick the boxes that apply to you
- accommodation type and star rating: whether you're after a five star luxury hotel or the basic comforts of a two star B&B, you can search by accommodation type and/or star rating to find a place that fits your budget
As well as specific search filters, Thomson Lakes & Mountains offers holidays divided by board basis. Some of the most popular categories include:
- self catering - want to cook for yourself, or spend your time sampling all the area's different restaurants and cafes? Go for a self catered option
- B&B - simple bed and breakfast options at great prices
- half board - breakfast plus lunch or dinner is included in your stay
- full board - going one further, full board typically includes breakfast lunch and dinner
- all inclusive - forget about budgeting, everything from food and drinks to activities are included as part of your package
- luxury - if you're looking for the best of the best, Thomson has a fine selection of resorts for those hankering after some five star indulgence
- Discovery packages - uncover the best of the region you're visiting by including a range of excursions to nearby attractions with your booking (alongside flights, transfers and accommodation)
Thomson Lakes & Mountains UK departure airports
Although the available departure airports vary depending on the resort you're heading to, most Thomson Lakes & Mountains late deal bookings can be reached from these UK airports:
- London (Gatwick, Luton, Stansted)
Wherever you fly from and wherever you're flying to, make sure you check the latest Thomson Lakes & Mountains late deals and sale offers before you book.
Thomson Lakes & Mountains - Italian lakes
Thomson Lakes & Mountains late deals and sale discounts offer great savings on breaks to the some Italy's most spectacular shorelines, destined to impress even the most budget wary. There are holidays and resorts to suit everyone from families to couples, foodies to sports enthusiasts. Read on to discover more about the following destinations:
Lake Garda is one of the most desirable holiday destinations in Europe, and it's not hard to see why. Italy's largest lake is surrounded by lush rolling landscapes, hidden valleys and vineyards, mountain walks and deserted meadows.
It's the perfect destination for living la dolce vita, whether you're into sunbathing, swimming, cycling, shopping, water sports, hiking or simply enjoy drinking in incredible views as you sip local wines. There's a real diversity when it comes to activities, allowing you to do as much or as little as you like.
Lake Garda is made even more attractive by the fact that it's a short train or bus ride away from the stunning cities of Verona, Milan and Venice. With frequent Thomson Lakes & Mountains late deals and sale discounts, have a look and see what's on offer.
Explore the laid-back charm of Lake Como, with its incredible terraced gardens gilding the edges of the glistening water. Lake Como boasts some seriously pretty towns, such as Menaggio and Varenna (the latter with its famous 'Lovers' Walkway' that weaves its way along the lake's shore).
Don't forget to take in the grandeur of Bellagio, which some have called the most beautiful town in Italy. With its gorgeous promenades, lime trees and winding cobbled alleyways, such a statement doesn't seem over the top.
Thomson Lakes & Mountains late deals include frequent sale discounts on resorts in Lake Maggiore as well, which combines the dramatic backdrop of nearby Swiss mountains with the endless crystal clear waters of the lake itself. Lake Maggiore was a favourite spot for the likes of Hemingway, Chaplin, Churchill and many others, and it retains its unspoilt splendour today.
Another option is Lake Levico, a smaller (but no less stunning) lake off the beaten track that is a haven for cyclists, walkers and those looking for some well-earned rest and relaxation.
The lake has been famous for its therapeutic waters for centuries, and is extremely close to Levico Terme and its thermal baths, which is one of the world's most famous spa towns. There are also a number of watersports available at Lake Levico if you fancy being a bit more active or taking up sailing.
There's a huge variety of Thomson Lakes & Mountains late deals and Italian sale offers to choose from. All the lakes have their own charm and character, so you'll find yourself spoilt for choice.
Thomson Lakes & Mountains - Austria
Austria is stuffed full of world class attractions and activities, and is as stunning in summer as it is in winter. Glorious alpine scenery makes Austria a mecca for walkers and skiers alike, while the country's incredibly ornate imperial palaces and fairytale castles leave an indelible impression.
Music, art and culture collide to world-beating effect in Austria's towns and cities, and we haven't even mentioned the food (if you're partial to coffee and cake, there's nowhere better).
The range of Thomson Lakes & Mountains late deals and sale offers to Austria is excellent. Staying in or around Salzburg is a popular choice; not only is it the city that produced Mozart and the setting for The Sound of Music, it's also surrounded by countless mountain villages that are as pretty as their magnificent. Alternatively, head nearer to Vienna and soak up its famous café culture, concerts, galleries, shops and street markets.
If you love walking, you'll love Austria as you're surrounded by snow-capped peaks, towering waterfalls, lush rolling green valleys, dense pine forests, and scenic lake shores. Mountain biking, water rafting, golf and, of course, skiing are all options too.
Thomson Lakes & Mountains - other destinations
Thomson Lakes & Mountains late deals extend further than the Italian lakes and Austria, however, with plenty of sale offers on other much loved destinations across Europe, including:
Beautiful coastline, exquisitely preserved harbours and hillside towns, a warm Mediterranean climate, countryside that veers from pastoral vineyards to wild waterfalls - Croatia has everything. It's a place that can more than match the natural beauty of the likes of Italy, Spain and Greece, but doesn't yet have the price tag or the crowds to rival them.
If you're looking for a first class walking, culture or activity holiday, then Thomson Lakes & Mountains late deals and Croatia sale discounts are well worth a look.
The French Alps is one of the most scenic places on Earth, as well as a hub of thrilling outdoor sports activity from mountain climbing to skiing, cycling to glacier walking. France isn't just for adrenaline junkies though, as it's a fantastic place for family strolls and gentle hikes. There are plenty of mountain towns and tucked away villages to discover too, providing a lively nightlife and cultural scene.
In Germany, Thomson Lakes & Mountains' resort is based in Ruhpolding, Bavaria. Not only does it boast some of Germany's most stunning scenery (think verdant green meadows, quaint mountain towns, and the splendidly imposing Bayern Alps), it's not far from the fabulous city of Munich, a city packed with festivals, beer halls and culture.
Munich's magnificent architecture is matched only by the brilliance of its surroundings, and if you ever get bored of that city (unlikely) you can always hop across the Austrian border and explore Mozart's Salzburg.
The resort of Zakopane in Poland's Tatra Mountains is full of chocolate-box charm, with beautiful wooden houses built in the traditional Polish style. It is home to highlanders who have lived here for generations, and it makes the perfect base for a walking holiday (Tatra National Park is extremely close by).
You are also near Krakow, a city that showcases some of Europe's finest medieval architecture. The city is a UNESCO World Heritage site, but its buzzing bar scene and nightlife ensures that there's far more than just pretty buildings.
Thomson Lakes & Mountains late deals and sale offers on Poland can get you there for a lot less than you were expecting.
Slovenia is not only one of the most attractive countries in Europe, it's also one of the most diverse in terms of its landscape. Soaring peaks give way to spectacular coastline; wild rivers lead to dramatic lakes and hidden caves; while serene vineyards that produce wonderful wines soon lead you to Slovenia's beguiling towns and cities.
Slovenia has more diversity and beauty than many countries 10 times its size, but its small and friendly culture is part of what makes it so special. It's also one of the few countries that has a landscape and climate that allows you to go skiing and sunbathing in the same afternoon.
Switzerland needs no introduction. Everyone knows about its stunning mountain ranges, breathtaking scenery, peerless skiing and walking options and, of course, its scrummy cheese and chocolate.
Thomson Lakes & Mountains now offers departure dates every day of the week, giving you useful flexibility when planning your trip. Make sure you check our round-up of the latest Thomson Lakes & Mountain late deals and sale discounts at the top before you book.
The selection of holidays from Thomson Lakes & Mountains that guarantee jaw dropping scenery and a real local flavour is truly impressive, but the even bigger shock is how much you could save if you book with a Thomson Lakes & Mountains late deal, sale offer or special online rate for 2016/2017. Make sure you don't miss out. Can't find what you're looking for? Check out the other great offers from Thomson holiday collections.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details