- Book tours & holidays to Antarctica with G Adventures
- Tour prices start from just £4,499 per person
- Filter holidays by date, price, activity, duration & difficulty
Antarctica Weather Today
If you are already on holiday or are about to leave, check today's weather in Antarctica now. The latest weather report includes the current temperature, prevailing weather condition, sky cover and wind speed and direction.
The current weather report for Antarctica shown below is for Amundsen-Scott (South Pole).
Weather conditions at South Pole / Amundsen-Scott Station, Antarctica at 18:50 NZDT (New Zealand Daylight Time) on the 27th February 2017 were as follows: Temperature very cold -45°C with a wind chill of Very cold, overcast skies, ice crystals in the air and a moderate breeze of 23 kph from the north-north-east. Sunrise at 00:00:00 and Sunset at 23:59:59 NZDT (New Zealand Daylight Time).
- Recorded 5 hours 19 mins ago
- 05:50 GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) 27th February 2017
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
More about Antarctica weather
- Weather overview
- Top deals & discounts
- More destinations
- Climate guide
- Weather by month
- 5-day forecast
- Best time to go
- Current conditions
- Compare weather
- Sunrise & Sunset
- Save up to 50% on holidays in 2017/2018 in Love Holidays sale
- Pay low holiday deposits from £49 per person
- Extra £10 OFF with Love Holidays discount code
Antarctica weather by month
Check Antarctica weather for a particular month by selecting from the list below. Monthly weather guides include figures for temperature, rainfall, sunshine hours and sea temperature plus daily sunrise & sunset times.
More Antarctica destinations
All destinations (A to Z)
Can't see your chosen destination? Use our A to Z search to find your required the holiday weather guide:
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details