- Save an extra 10% on cheap car hire worldwide
- With this exclusive Holiday Autos discount code
- Travel before 31st December 2016 (inclusive)
Discount car hire: Search deals on car rentals worldwide
Finding discount car hire couldn't be simpler as we've gathered the latest deals and special offers from major providers in one place just for you. Whether you're planning a trip within the UK or looking for the freedom to explore a new destination in Europe, the USA or almost anywhere worldwide, we're sure to have an offer that suits your needs.
- Latest car hire deals and discounts
- Discount car hire providers
- Types of hire cars
- Car hire in popular destinations
- More information on driving abroad
Latest car hire deals and discounts
Booking your car hire in advance online could save you some serious money, as providers promote deals and special offers to give you a varied selection of discount car hire. Search our collection of the most up-to-date promotions from leading car hire companies today:
- Save an extra 10% on worldwide car hire
- Book with the exclusive Argus Car Hire discount code
- Travel before 31st December 2016 (inclusive)
- Pre-book Florida car hire online & save up to 9%
- FREE additional driver available for Florida
- Plus FREE breakdown assistance on all US rentals
- Save on hire cars for Spain & Portugal from Centauro
- Book compacts, family cars, people carriers & minibuses
- No Centauro discount code required
- Get a 7 day hire car and pay for just 5 days
- Available at participating locations across Europe
- Book cars for Benelux, Italy, Scandinavia, Spain, UK & more
- Prepay online & save up to 20% on worldwide Budget car hire
- Discounts available at participating locations only
- No Budget discount code required
- Book 25 days or more in advance and save up to 25%
- No Sixt discount code required, simply enjoy cheap rates
- Savings compared to equivalent flexible rate
- Pre-book Hertz car hire online & save up to 15% worldwide
- Available in Benelux, France, Germany, Italy, Spain & UK
- Prices shown include theft & damage cover
- Check out latest special offers on worldwide car hire
- Find great rates on car hire & promotional discounts
- Book Eurocar pickup points across Europe & beyond
- Sign up to Auto Europe newsletter & save 5% on web prices
- Receive the latest exclusive discount codes and special offers
- You'll be the first to know!
- Save on car hire for UK & Europe with Rentalcars.com
- Car hire prices start from just £3 per day
- Compare car hire companies at airports, cities & more
- Save an extra 5% on car hire worldwide when you book online
- Compare the prices with the leading car hire companies
- Including Alamo, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt & Thrifty
About discount car hire
No car hire company likes seeing vehicles left in the parking lot, so to maximise the number of cars rented at any given time, companies offer deals and discounts to win your business at a competitive price. As a result, this means that there are always promotions taking place as companies compete for your custom, making it easier than ever to find discount car hire.
Discount car hire providers
The problem with so many companies vying for your attention is that it can be hard to choose which car hire company to go with. Your best bet for discount car hire is either through dedicated car hire brands or third party car hire brokers, both of which offer significant deals and discounts when you book in advance, online.
Leading car hire brands include:
Leading car hire brokers include:
Types of hire cars
People's needs vary greatly when it comes finding discount car hire: if you're away for work you may be after something small and practical, but if you're on holiday you may want something a little racier. Then of course it depends on your party size: couples may fancy a speedy convertible, while families often need roomy people carriers.
To match this vast and varied demand, car hire companies offer a wide range of vehicle types to correspond with every need and budget. From small basic two-door vehicles, to convertibles, premium cars, vans and 4x4s, you're sure to find an appropriate type, while the latest model is almost guaranteed as most companies aim to keep their fleets young.
Car hire extras
Some car hire companies can catch you out with added extras, although with our selection of discount car hire deals and promotions, added extras sometimes come as part of the bargain. Whether it's unlimited mileage, car seats for children, snow chains, sat navs or an additional driver, make sure you read the small print regarding any extras before booking.
Car hire in popular destinations
If you're looking to hire a car in a popular holiday spot, check out our dedicated car hire destinations' section to see if we could help find you discount car hire while inspiring you with tempting ideas of things to do around the different regions:
More information on driving abroad
Every country has its own driving rules and regulations, and you must make sure you adhere to these as claiming ignorance won't help you if you find yourself on the wrong side of the law. There are numerous resources to help acquaint you with the latest requirements, and gov.uk's Driving Abroad section is a great place to start.
No matter where you're going (whether faraway and exotic or closer to home) or what you're doing (be it off-roading or chilled out cruising), you're sure to find discount car hire with a well-known car hire company to suit your needs here.
Important changes from 8 June 2015
From 8 June 2015 the paper counterpart for UK driver's licenses will be scrapped. Traditionally, the paper counterpart contained details of any previous driving convictions and/or penalty points, but from June onwards, you will need to acquire this information online.
If you're planning on hiring a car overseas, you will need to take a special code from the DVLA with you for the hire company to use before they release the vehicle to you. You can obtain a code online from the DVLA, however, it is only valid for three days (72 hours). If you're planning on hiring a car more than three days after you arrive, you will need to apply for this code wherever you may be located, which means finding reliable internet access.
Unsurprisingly, this could cause a great deal of hassle and confusion for any drivers hiring cars this summer onwards, so make sure you know what you need to do before travelling.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details